Sunday 3 June 2012

I've spent the last week carrying out tutorials on programming with the iPad/iPhone. I've managed to successfully create a simple 'Hello World' app but have not yet configured it to run on the iPad. As suggested by Suraj, I will speak to Kelvin to grant me access rights and to obtain the developer certificate that will allow me to test apps on the iPad. I'm still trying to get my head around the code.

I've also continued to learn about web services and SOAP. I've spent a lot of time creating a simple web application and web service using Java and Google App Engine. I am attempting to create an application that encrypts the users file and store the file and encryption key in Google's Blogstore Service. So far, I have created a web service that checks if a user is registered, and have yet to write methods for storing the file, and downloading the file. I have also managed to successfully call the web service using SOAP. I've learnt so much about web services already!

I've also started the writing of the draft literature review and thinking about how I'm going to structure the literature review.

I will continue to spend this week learning the Objective-C programming language on Xcode. I will also continue to spend more time writing the draft literature review and maybe get started on the draft proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment